Every user of Thexyz is already enrolled in the affiliate program, you just need to login via this page. If you do not know your password for the site, you can use the 'reset password' link to reset it.
There are banner ads and html text links available in the affiliate area and if you have any questions about the program do not hesitate to contact the support team.
Along with recent security concerns, the reasons to get your site protected with an SSL certificate are growing as Google announced yesterday that HTTPS is now a ranking signal used in its search algorithm. Google has been pushing the use of HTTPS (HTTP over TLS/Transport Layer Security) for quite some time, and called for “HTTPS everywhere” at a recent Google I/O.
The company says it’s seeing more and more webmasters adopting it, and that over the past few months it’s been running tests taking into account whether sites use secure encrypted connections as a signal. You can read the full blog post on the Google Webmaster Blog here.
“We’ve seen positive results, so we’re starting to use HTTPS as a ranking signal. For now it’s only a very lightweight signal — affecting fewer than 1% of global queries, and carrying less weight than other signals such as high-quality content — while we give webmasters time to switch to HTTPS. But over time, we may decide to strengthen it, because we’d like to encourage all website owners to switch from HTTP to HTTPS to keep everyone safe on the web.”
If you’re already serving on HTTPS, you can test its security level and configuration using this Qualys Lab tool. If you have not secured your site with HTTPS then you can purchase an SSL certificate below cost price from Thexyz which also includes free installation!
These days, websites are faced with the challenge of delivering a large amount of dynamic content to visitors in a shorter amount of time.
Normally, servers would load pages every time they are requested, which could have a slow-down effect on the speed at which a frequently accessed page is served to the visitor.
Also, the repeated queries to the database server can lead to a non-cost-effective resource usage. Luckily, there are tools like Memcached that can help you streamline the data reading process and hence reduce the load on the server and the waste of valuable resources.
What is Memcached?Basically, Memcached works as a caching layer between the requests of the visitors and the server itself.
Technically speaking, Memcached caches data and objects in the server’s RAM so that the frequently requested data can be served directly from the memory instead of the database server/API.
You can find Memcached in the Advanced section of your Web Hosting Control Panel.
Here is an illustration of the way Memcached works during the first and each following request:
First user requestWhen a user opens a page for the first time, the request is sent straight to the database server and, in the meantime, the data is stored in the Memcached server.
Second user requestThe next time the user makes a request for the same page, the data will be retrieved directly from the Memcached memory instead of the database server.
If you have a traffic-intensive, database-driven website like a large e-store, a busy blog, a news portal, etc., which serves hundreds of visitors per day, then using Memcached is indispensable.
Memcached works as a caching layer for some of the most traffic-heavy sites such as YouTube, Reddit, Facebook, and Twitter. Some popular CMSs like Joomla and WordPress support it too.
How to work with Memcached?Working with Memcached requires a proper installation and a good control of its settings. This is why, we offer Memcached with all our web hosting plans, so our system will take care of the installation and the memory allocation procedures for you.
Here is an example of how to create a basic Memcached instance on our servers:
In the Thexyz Server Web Hosting Control Panel, select Memcached from the Advanced section and click on the Create an instance button on the top right.
In the popup window, leave the Status as it is selected by default and then just select the memory allocation that you want to use for this instance.
Memcached is included by default with the advanced hosting packages at Thexyz Server.
All other packages offer it as an upgrade option. Also, you can always upgrade the current Memcached memory quota of your plan from the Upgrade Services menu of the Control Panel.
A recent correction to the way mailbox storage quota is calculated has caused a number of mailboxes reflect a dramatic change in size. The new calculations are accurately representing the usage of the mailbox. Mailboxes that are over quota will need to be reduced below their quota to resume sending and receiving.
Nominet, the authority that manages UK domains, has finally released the plain .UK domain extension for open registration alongside the popular .CO.UK TLD.
What are the main benefits of .UK domains?The .UK domain extension is a new exciting 'webatory' for present and future website owners whose personal or business online presence is somehow related to the UK. It is an excellent choice for those of you who have always dreamt of having a short and memorable domain with the much-easier-to-spell-and-type .UK ending.
Do .CO.UK domain owners have rights over the new .UK equivalent?According to Nominet, every .CO.UK domain holder will be the first to be offered the shorter .UK equivalent of their current address. They will have 5 years to decide whether they want to use it in addition to, or instead of the domain they already have. Nominet will be contacting these customers personally to ensure that they are aware of this right.
How do I register a .UK domain for my site?You can register a .UK domain for 1-10 years here or from your Control Panel. The registration procedure is the same as that for .CO.UK, .ME.UK and .ORG.UK.
If you are having troubles registering your .UK domain, please open a support ticket from the Help Center for more information.
Canada's Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) is coming into effect on July 1, 2014, we wanted to make sure the small business owners in the Thexyz community are properly prepared and compliant with the road ahead.
If you have not heard about this new legislation, CASL (Bill C-28) is a new set of regulations that aims to crack down on unwanted spam messages and is considered to be the toughest anti-spam law in the world. CASL requires all businesses that are selling or promoting products or services through email to prove they have consent to reach out to new, existing and potential customers.
The CASL aims to reduce spam, viruses and increase consumer confidence in e-commerce, failure to comply can result in tough penalties, up to $1-million for an individual and up to $10-million for a business. Here’s what you need to know, and some tips for making sure your business is compliant.
Is just mass email affected?
CASL applies to any commercial electronic message (CEM) sent by any medium, including your company's email, SMS or social media account, that promotes your business or encourages participation in a commercial activity, such as selling or promoting products, services or a business event, that communicates directly with a consumer. The only way you can send one of these direct messages legally is by obtaining explicit or implied consent from the recipient first.
What you should follow when sending CEMs
1. Consent: You must have implied or expressed consent to send a message. If a CEM is intended to be sent to a non-customer, then an analysis of whether proper consent exists needs to occur before the electronic message is sent. Express consent may be obtained orally or in writing, with clear disclosure of the purpose for which the consent is being sought and a statement that the recipient can withdraw his or her consent. In either case, the onus is on the person who is sending the message to prove they have obtained consent to send the message.
The Canadian Radio-Television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) is enforcing compliance and recommends that organizations protect themselves by tracking whether consent was obtained in writing or orally, when it was obtained, why it was obtained and the manner in which it was obtained.
2. Unsubscribe Mechanism: In every CEM you send you must provide a way for recipients to unsubscribe from receiving messages in the future. The unsubscribe mechanism should be accessible by the same electronic means that the message was sent. For instance, a CEM sent via SMS may state that an end-user can unsubscribe by texting the word "STOP". Another possibility is including a hyperlink clearly and prominently in an email that allows the end-user to unsubscribe by simply clicking it. The hyperlink may also be to a webpage that is readily accessible without delay and is at no cost to the recipient, the unsubscribe request should come into effect within 10 days
3. Identification: You must clearly and simply identify yourselves and anyone else on whose behalf the message is sent.This includes providing your company's name, mailing address and either a telephone number providing access to an agent or a voice messaging system, an email address or a website. You also need to include a sentence clearly stating that the individual can opt out of your communications at any time. This message should be located near the unsubscribe mechanism if possible.
Six simple tips for staying CASL compliant
1. Reach out to existing and prospect clients by email before July 1. If you ask for their consent electronically, you must do so by July 1 and have them opt-in by checking a box that says they’re willing to receive electronic communications. After July 1, this process will be an offence.
2. Those who don’t have consent by July 1 will need to get it through other means, such as a telephone call. Recall that consent under CASL is also implied if you have an existing business relationship or existing non-business relationship with the person or company.
3. Establish a procedure for new customers. You can ask for consent when they are buying on your website or asking permission when taking their first order, as long as the opt-in requirements are met (written or oral).
4. Maintain an accurate and current list of recipients’ consent to receive messages. Instances of express and implied consent should be handled separately to ensure clarity and compliance.
5. Educate your employees on the new policies that need to be implemented as a result of the act.
6. Remember that consent isn't transferrable. Beware of any businesses bearing lists because if anyone claims you can “Blast your ad to over 10,000 legitimate addresses for a price,” or “Buy a database with a million email addresses for only $100,” they are selling you spam lists that could result in receiving a large penalty.
If you still have any questions or comments regarding CASL please feel free to leave them below and we’ll respond as soon as we can.
It is only iOS devices like an iPhone or an iPad that support ActiveSync with the native Apple Mail app. With TouchDown you can now add support for ActiveSync on the Mac desktop too. This will allow you to sync your email, contacts and calendar with your mobile device and webmail.
You can then setup your account with Thexyz by following the directions below.
Enter your full email address and email account password.
Leave the domain field blank and enter: mobilesync.emailsrvr.com in the Server Name field.
Use the recommended settings to ensure optimal efficiency.
Your email, contacts and calendar should begin syncing and may take sometime for the initial sync to take place.
There is a multitude of website promotion techniques that you can implement to better market your website offerings and increase your traff...
We tested a bunch of FTP clients for iOS devices and found these to be the best. Most of them cost between $1 to $5 but we found the small p...
SharePoint was developed in 2001 by Microsoft and since its launch it had been adopted by 78% of fortune 500 companies. A lot has changed...
You can download the app free of charge from Google Play or Apple App Store. The app has recently been updated as Tapatalk celebrates its...
Thexyz Forum goes mobile Many forum users have asked for it and last week I too tested the Tapatalk forum app out last week. I was qui...
- ▼ 2014 (31)
- ► 2013 (41)
- ► 2012 (43)
- ► 2011 (74)
- ► 2010 (56)