Monday, 14 March 2011
If you're interested in becoming a forum moderator, please read on.
Only serious applicants please, while being a moderator is a lot of fun - it's also a very big responsibility and not to be taken lightly. Along with admin duties, there will also be a great opportunity to learn about managing multiple web sites and databases.
In order to help promote the development of our community, we are now recruiting some Volunteer Forum Moderators to help further improve the forum for all users! If you‚Äôd like to become an important member of the Thexyz Forum community and help us improve the forum, we‚Äôd love to hear from you!
Why should I apply?
Being a moderator is not to be taken lightly, but helping your community flourish can be immensely rewarding. With your help, the DS forums can become more welcoming, more entertaining, and more helpful to new comers.You can play a key role in shaping the community and enhancing the entire Dynasty Saga experience for everyone who visits the forum. Need we say more?
The ideal Candidate‚Ä¶
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Is already an active member of our Forums or other Thexyz site and familiar with our websites.
- Is devoted to the Thexyz community and willing to make a long term commitment to the forum.
- Has experience as a long-term moderator or contributor onother forums. (Moderating experience is not required, but will give priority over applicants without experience.)
- Uses proper written language and possesses strong communication skills.
- Can stay calm and unbiased in dealing with others, even when such respect is not always reciprocated by peers.
What is expected of a Moderator?
Moderators are expected to conduct themselves in a professional and unbiased manner at alltimes. All moderators should take an active interest in promoting lively and helpful interaction on the forum. Help new users feel welcome, and help keep discussions entertaining while staying helpful and on-topic. Of course, you will occasionally need to step in and use some of your ‚ÄúModerator Tools‚Äù(deleting/locking threads, etc.) to help prevent conflict.
Daily tasks for all moderators include:
- Deleting non-relevant posts and threads containing hurtful, non-constructive, crude, off-topic, or otherwise inappropriate remarks.
- Deleting threads or posts that break forum rules.
- Moving off-topic threads to the appropriate forum. (eg. Moving bug reports from Social Section to Suggestions & Feedback Forum)
Some Moderators will have specific responsibilities such as:
Highlighting Valuable Posts or Creating Compilation Threads
Always keep an eye out forespecially useful or entertaining threads. If you find a thread worth sharing,you can apply for permission to highlight it or include it in a compilation thread on the forum.
If this is something you could see yourself doing, click here to apply ...
Recently, there has been a trend towards a more secure, SSL-protected online environment initiated by authorities like Google when they ...
You can download the app free of charge from Google Play or Apple App Store. The app has recently been updated as Tapatalk celebrates its...
We tested a bunch of FTP clients for iOS devices and found these to be the best. Most of them cost between $1 to $5 but we found the small p...
We have secured great discounts on domains for the rest of month. Mar ch Domains Discounts Enjoy unbelievable discounts on your p...
With Thexyz Webmail you have the choice of using your own domain or one of our domains. Using your own domain offers more features and ben...
- ► 2016 (23)
- ► 2015 (34)
- ► 2014 (40)
- ► 2013 (41)
- ► 2012 (43)
- ▼ March 2011 (6)
- ► 2010 (52)
- ► 2009 (11)