Tuesday, 6 December 2016
The new Python Manager will allow users to edit the current Python version and to enable Python-compatible applications for their projects. Located right next to PHP Settings, it gives you one-click access to various Python management options.
What is Python?Python is one of the most important application development languages and has been around for a long time now.
Its standard library supports many Internet protocols, including JSON, FTP, IMAP, HTML and XML.
There are different types of Python-based software:
for web development purposes:
- frameworks such as Django and Pyramid; micro-frameworks such as Flask and Bottle;
- advanced content management systems such as Plone and django CMS;
- asynchronous networking libraries like Tornado, which is perfect for long polling, WebSockets and other applications that require a long-lived connection to each user;
- full-stack frameworks (like web2py) for rapid development of fast and portable web-based, database-driven apps;
- open-source packages like SciPy, Matplotlib and NumPy, which are used in mathematics, science and engineering;
- Pandas – a BSD-licensed library for high-performance data analysis and modeling;
- iPython – a powerful command shell for easier editing and recording of work sessions that supports interactive data visualization and parallel computing;
- Software Carpentry Course, which teaches the basics of scientific computing and provides open-access teaching materials;
- Buildbot and Apache Gump, which are used for automating software build, test and release processes;
- Roundup and Trac – issue tracking and project management tools;
- Ansible – an easy-to-deploy IT automation engine that automates configuration management, application deployment and cloud provisioning;
- Salt – a powerful open-source platform for IT automation and orchestration;
- OpenStack – a high-performance computing, storage and networking platform;
It is backed up by a large community, which organizes conferences and workshops, collaborates on code development projects, supports an extensive Python documentation to help newbies along the way and maintains mailing lists to keep users up to date.
How do I use the Python Manager?
From the Python Manager section of the Control Panel, you’ll be able to set the Python version for your account. You can choose between Python 2.7, Python 3.1 and the latest version – Python 3.5.
Check out this tutorial on how to install a Python-based CMS.
As we start Monday, organizations are likely having the same conversation after hearing about a major Ransomware attack over the weekend. Wh...
You can download the app free of charge from Google Play or Apple App Store. The app has recently been updated as Tapatalk celebrates its...
Good news! BlackBerry 10 smartphones and BlackBerry Playbook now support ActiveSync so Thexyz Premium Email syncs calendars and contacts no...
We have secured great discounts on domains for the rest of month. Mar ch Domains Discounts Enjoy unbelievable discounts on your p...
Outlook 2013 Works Like Exchange With Thexyz Mobile Sync With Microsoft Outlook 2013 you can setup Thexyz Premium Webmail to work like an...
- ▼ December 2016 (2)
- ► 2015 (34)
- ► 2014 (40)
- ► 2013 (41)
- ► 2012 (43)
- ► 2011 (69)
- ► 2010 (52)
- ► 2009 (11)